Valemount, BC Canada
To the Trailhead
Driving directions to the Trailhead at 2960 McKirdy Road:
- Once you reach the town of Valemount, turn onto 5th Avenue and proceed into the village.
- Drive right through the village and over the railway crossing.
- Turn right onto Main Street. This will soon become Whiskey Fill Road as you leave town.
- Continue on Whiskey Fill Road, then turn left on McKirdy Road.
- Drive past the first farm, taking a sharp right to continue on McKirdy Road.
- Drive to the second farm, and take a sharp left to turn up the hill.
- Drive 4km up the hill, following the Hermit Thrush (blue bird) signs along the way to 2960 McKirdy Road.
To the Cabin
The trail to the cabin is 5.8 km (3.8 miles) in length, with a 853 m (3000 ft) gain in elevation.
Stamina is required, walking from lower fir and pine forest, graduating into the sub-alpine.