Hermit Thrush Cabin is reached via a 6 km trail. The challenge of the trail is the 885 m (3000 ft) elevation gain, and it typically takes about 3 hours to hike up. Sturdy shoes/boots are a must, and sufficient fitness to carry your gear up the trail.
The cabin is off-grid, although there are solar lights and one USB port. There is no cell phone service right at the cabin but a short distance away there is Telus service. There is also no shower.
Guests are asked to leave the cabin as clean as they found it. The cabin is thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, but cannot be cleaned between every set of guests. Please, no smoking inside the cabin.
Mountain weather can change at any time, in any season. Nights are often cold even in the summer, and rain can start quickly after blue skies. Please pack clothes and gear accordingly.
- Propane cooking stove with oven
- Kitchen wares (pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc)
- Wood heater
- Split firewood, matches
- Fire pit and benches
- Double bed with mattress
- Three extra foamies to sleep on the floor
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Dish towels/dish cloths
- Small hand towels
- Toilet paper
- Paper towel
- First Aid Kit
- 2 card decks/ 1 board game/ small crib board
- Wildflower/local nature guide books
- Topographical map of area
- Animal-proof food cooler
- Spring-fed water
- Sleeping bag
- Clothes – for every weather!
- Sporting gear (snowshoes are available to rent)
- Bug spray (summer)